We are committed to protecting your privacy and security. This privacy notice outlines how we look after your personal data when you visit our website, and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This privacy notice
You can use most of this website without giving us any personal data. However, if you wish to take advantage of some of the more personalised services that we make available (such as registering your interest or contacting us), you will need to provide certain information. This privacy statement describes how we collect and use information collected through this site. Please read this privacy notice carefully.
In certain circumstances (for example if you become a client or employee), we may provide you with additional privacy notices which are relevant to you. If you have any queries about this notice or how we use your personal information, please contact us using the details below.
Information do we collect?
We collect different information depending on how you use our site and how you interact with us. ‘Personal data’ means any data which can be associated with you as an individual, either directly or indirectly.
The personal data we collect via this site may include:
- Identity information, such as your name, title, date of birth, gender, and organisation name and position.
- Contact data, such as your address and email and telephone details.
- Technical data, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage data includes information about how you use our website, products and services, and any communications we may receive from you.
We do not usually collect ‘special categories’ of personal data through our website. (‘Special categories’ of data include details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, health information, or criminal convictions and offences.) If we do collect any special categories of data, we will make clear the reason to you, and we will seek your explicit consent to this.
How information is collected
Different data is collected in different ways:
- Personal data – You may provide us with your identity and contact information; marketing and communications preferences; and usage data when you contact us in respect of our services, provide feedback on our site or enquire about joining Sumer.
If you do make an enquiry either via email or via the web-based enquiry form regarding a career or role with us, we will invite you to send your curriculum vitae. Any information you send us for the purpose of a job application will be treated by us with the greatest care and for that purpose only.
How is information used
Under data protection law, we can only use personal data if we have an appropriate legal basis for doing so. Examples of usage include:
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- for the performance of a contract or provide a service you have asked for
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or
- where we have been given consent by the data subject.
(A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use personal information, so long as this is not overridden by the data subject’s own rights and interests).
Use your technical information to: (For further information, please see our Cookies Policy)
- Make improvements to our website and user experience
- understand how visitors interact with our site
- ensure that our site is secure, and
- address any issues you may experience with our site
Who and how information is shared
We do not sell or share your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes or transfer via our website outside of the UK. In the event any data is shared with a third-party service providers such an technical service provider, we will ensure we are satisfied they take appropriate measure to protect data.
We may also pass your information between firms within the Sumer Group, in line with the above.
Where data is kept
We take information security very seriously and ensure we employ physical (eg key card office entry, locking doors), technical (eg password protection, network firewalls, laptop encryption, multi -authentication mechanisms), and administrative (e.g. confidentiality agreements, training, procedures that limit access to and use of data) measures to protect the information we hold. We also regularly review our security arrangements to ensure they remain effective and appropriate.
How long information is retained
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services to you and for any legal or regulatory purposes. After this time, we will securely dispose of your information.
You have the right to access, correct, or delete your personal information at any time. You can also object to the processing of your personal information or request that we restrict its processing. To exercise these rights, please contact us using the details provided below.
Changes to this policy