Sumer is a fast-growing professional services firm that is dedicated to championing SMEs and helping communities prosper, right across the UK and Ireland.
Operating within a buy and build “Hub and Spoke” business model, the M&A team sits at the centre of the organisation and plays a critical role in executing the overall strategy. This role will work closely with the Sumer senior management team, with a particular focus on successfully integrating acquisitions, as well as helping to identify and evaluate M&A opportunities and drive inorganic growth across the group. A fast-paced and diverse role working in a collaborative culture, it requires high-energy, well-developed project management skills and a strong track record and knowledge of M&A and integration. A unique opportunity to join an ambitious team at the very early stages of its journey.
- Work as part of a small team, reporting directly to the Head of M&A, to play a critical role in the execution of the firm’s acquisition vision and strategy.
- Assist in evaluating potential Targets, through assessment of both financial and non-financial KPIs, benchmarking and external market analysis to derive key commercial insights.
- Support development of standardised and practical post-acquisition processes, providing guidance and oversight to existing Sumer firms who are in turn looking to acquire smaller firms in their region.
- Drive an optimised M&A process, with particular responsibility for the post-acquisition phase, playing a vital role in the creation of an efficient and smooth journey from purchase to integration.
- Coordinate and manage multiple external M&A advisory teams as part of the deal execution phase.
- Help develop and monitor KPIs that measure performance of integrated acquisitions, and work with acquisitions to improve performance against those KPIs.
- Maintain a strong external network and be inquisitive in order to inform deal flow and key trends.
- Set the conditions for effective integration at spoke level; including working closely with the COO on broader integration initiatives.
- Take the lead in conveying the investment thesis to key stakeholders through the preparation of investment papers – including interacting with the Executive, regional office senior management and external investors.
- Champion innovation and technology adoption that would enhance the M&A process, improve Target selection/integration or improve efficiency across the group structure.
- Play a key role in a new and exciting working environment that delivers on the firm’s values and supports diversity and inclusion.
If you are interested, please email for CV to [email protected]
Sumer: Building a firm for you!
Application support – If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you.
Sumer offers flexible working arrangements – please ask for more detail